Regional Advisory Groups
The charge of MU’s regional advisory groups is to assess the university’s strengths and opportunities in specific geographic regions in order to:
- Intentionally align international initiatives across campus.
- Target world regions where Missouri businesses want to grow, and where MU has well-connected alumni and friends.
Each group will meet 3-4 times in 2017 and will prepare reports which:
- Catalog the history of Missouri initiatives and relationships in each region.
- Identify MU strengths or potential competitive advantages.
- Propose strategic priorities for MU to pursue in each region for the next 3-5 years.
Members for each group were nominated by campus leaders based on the following criteria:
- Have a good understanding of higher education systems, economies and cultures in the region, as well as knowledge of MU’s history and opportunities in the region.
- Have strong networks both at both MU and in the region that can help the university mobilize towards success.
- Can advise/assist MU with strategy, protocol and relations with current and potential partners.